Believe it or not, low-maintenance composite decks have been around since the mid-1990s. When they first hit the market the colors and textures were limited, but like all technology, they’ve evolved. In fact, low-maintenance decking and railing have evolved into a billion-dollar industry. You can now get practically any color or texture you want, and the quality of the decking materials are more elite than anyone ever imagined 30 years ago.
Our company knows pretty much everything there is to know about custom deck building with these materials because we were one of the early adopters. If you come across a custom deck in Omaha made from Trex, TimberTech or Azek low-maintenance decking and railing there’s a good chance we built it!
Superior Materials = Superior Decks
Don’t let the dinosaur deck builders scare you away from all the benefits of low-maintenance decking & railing. Despite its longevity, many deck builders are reluctant to shift over from wood simply because they don’t understand how Trex, TimberTech or Azek materials work or how to install them properly. Trex, the originator of composite decking material has been around since 1996.
- No Fading or Staining – Many composites offer fade and stain warranties so they won’t change color over time. Left alone, wood turns grey.
- No Warping, Cracking, or Splitting – Over time natural wood deteriorates no matter how many coats of stain you apply. Composite decking companies like Trex and Azek boast a 25-year to limited life warranties to back up their promise.
- Termite Resistant – You’ll never receive damage to your composite deck from termite pressure, unlike wood decks which are under constant threat from the wood loving insects.
- Mold & Mildew Resistant – Wood rots and breaks down in nature, and when it’s attached to your house as a deck. Composite decking is more immune to mold and mildew attacks which are known to exploit the vulnerabilities of wood decking.
- No Splinters – What fun is being on the deck if you keep picking up splinters in your feet? Composite decking is a true splinter free decking experience.
- Longer Boards – Composite decking boards are as long as 20ft which means a more seamless finish with fewer joints.
- Low Maintenance – They don’t call it low maintenance decking for nothing. A simple application of soap and water gets your deck looking brand new in no time.
Nobody builds a custom deck so they can spend lots of time taking care of it. Stop by our showroom and see in person how great the materials we use in our Omaha elite custom decks really are. We offer all the top brands including Trex, TimberTech, and Azek for our low maintenance decking & railing. You have to see it to believe it. Touching it helps too. See you soon!